Exco Vent App
The Exco Vent App™ is an easy to use tool for die casting engineers to analyze tool venting efficiency and to establish key parameters for the die casting venting process.The Vent App tool seeks to provide answers to common design and process questions, including:
- How big should the vacuum tank be?
- How big should the vent valve be?
- How long does the vacuum pull time need to be?
- What is the cavity air pressure as metal reaches the in-gates? How much residual air is left in cavity?
- What is the overall venting efficiency of a particular design?
- How much does leakage affect venting efficiency?
- Is a natural or vacuum assisted venting process most suitable for a certain application?
About the App
The scope of the Vent App includes natural venting, vacuum venting, vacuum & decay testing. For additional details please refer to the Vent App user manual.
The mechanics of the Vent App’s calculations are based on the theory and empirical data underlying the following three technical publications:
- Changhua (Joshua) Huang and Warren Bishenden, 2014, “Venting Design and Process Optimization of Die Casting Process for Structural Components, Part I – Venting Efficiency Analysis of Die Casting Process,” Die Casting Engineer, Vol. 58 (4), pp. 14-18.
- Changhua (Joshua) Huang and Warren Bishenden, 2014, “Venting Design and Process Optimization of Die Casting Process for Structural Components, Part 2 – Venting Design and Process Optimization,” Die Casting Congress, Milwaukee, WI.
- Changhua (Joshua) Huang and Warren Bishenden, 2015, “Experimental Investigation into Leakage of Die Casting Die for Vacuum Venting Process,” Die Casting Congress, Indianapolis, IN.
Exco’s Vent App is meant to be a contribution to the die cast industry at large and is free for public usage. To download you will need to enter your name and email address and the company with which you are associated. You will subsequently receive an email with instructions on how to download the app.